Monday, March 16, 2015

MIXED MEDIA MINI WITH TOUCH OF STEAMPUNK



Hello and happy Monday....today I did something I think is pretty cool and could wait to get done and take the photos...I used this mini 6x6 album and altered it just a tad and used the awesome Steampunk image from the ETSY shop


What makes this so cool is that I printed the image on an old book page...yep an old book page.  Once you prime your surface with Gesso and let it dry your markers will not be affected by the ink of the page


I love how the words show through my coloring


I used Glossy Accents to accent the Monocle she is wearing


To add the extra texture I used a stencil and modeling paste, along with Washi Tape and some Studio Calico color mist


The trick to being able to color on the book page is to coat it with Gesso before running it through your printer.  I layered the paper with 1 coat and used my heat gun to fast dry the page.  Gesso is a primer and will prep any surface making it ready to add your favorite medium.  Again once the Gesso dries you now have a surface to work on that won't effect your markers


When I started to color with the markers over the Gesso the Copic Ink spread out like water color, so I love how the ink is a bit splotchy.  I was not sure what I was doing so I don't have an accurate coloring list, I do apologize.

Thank you so much for stopping by the blog and I hope that you have been inspired and will
"create something handmade"

Until next time

xoxo, Deirdre Smith



9 comments:

  1. Awesome creation...that My Besties Digi is beautiful and perfect with this mixed media texture. You are amazing...Thank you for sharing your talents and awesome creations with us. Big Texas Hugs, AntoinetteT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing ~ I love this so much ~ you are very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Dierdre I just love this I love mixed media and steampunk 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so stunning Deirdre! Thank you for sharing with us! Hugs Julie xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and stunning work loving the details

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME! Love steampunk and the image is fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Must give this a try luv the effect and the image x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! wow! I love steampunk and this is fantastic ... thanku for sharing ... your amazing creation

    ReplyDelete